That said, when she was younger, she did enjoy this lentil and vegetable puree, courtesy of Annabel Karmel's Healthy Baby Meal Planner (not to be confused with Pru's favorite Baby Healthy Eating Planner). I've made quite a few recipes from this book, and all but a few have been hits with She Who Must Be Obeyed.
2 TBSP butter
1 1/2 cups leeks, washed and sliced
1 1/2 cups carrots, chopped
1/4 cup split red lentils
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth or water
1 cup cauliflower florets
1/2 apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
1. Melt the butter and saute the leek for about 5 minutes.
2. Add the carrot and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the lentils and broth, and bring to a boil. Then, cver and simmer for about 15 minutes.
4. Add the cauliflower and apple and cook for abother 15 minutes or until the lentils and vegetables are tender.
6. Puree to the desired consistency for your baby.